Tel: 07786 646 695 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Software developer with a passion for efficient and effective code, software engineering and programming across multiple platforms.
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and principles, testing, interface design and efficiency analysis.
- Direct and transferable experience working within a team, evaluating and verifying against client requirements and bringing products to release.
UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW
MSc in Software Development, September 2012 – September 2013
Graduation: Nov 2013, Predicted result: Distinction
- MSc Development Project (in progress): Developing an iOS app for the university alongside the Estates and IT Services departments to solve the problem of students and staff navigating between buildings and teaching rooms. Gathered functional requirements and currently in process of iterative development.
- Courses include: Programming, Advanced Programming, Algorithms & Data Structures, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, HCI: Development & Evaluation, Systems & Networks, Internet Technology
UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH
MSc in Sound Design, Started: September 2009 (Part-time)
Graduated: November 2011
- MSc Sound Design Project: Developed a first-person survival game with 5.1 audio and no visual elements programmed in C# using Unity3D. Implemented audio using FMOD sound engine.
BA with 2:1 Honours in Music, Started: September 2005
Graduated: June 2008
Relevant Work Experience
Audio Designer & Engineer, September 2008 – September 2012
- Composed music, designed sound effects and produced, edited and mastered audio tracks on a range of freelance multimedia projects. Involved meeting with clients, analysing requirements and providing regular updates while working alongside other artists.
DARE TO BE DIGITAL – Dundee
Team Abnormal Creations Programmer & Audio Designer, Summer 2010
- Developed a 2.5D puzzle adventure game for Windows in a 10 week development competition in Dundee, presented in Edinburgh. Programmed audio and some gameplay in C# using Unity3D which included integrating FMOD sound engine to utilise FMOD Designer audio tool.
HOME FUNDRAISING – Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Team Leader, January – August 2009
- Travelled round NE England fundraising for charities as part of office-leading team. Raised over £10,000 and received three awards for outstanding achievement.
Technologies: Django, JQuery, Cocoa Touch, FMOD Ex, MaxMSP, JUnit, OCUnit
Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Xcode, Git, CocoaPods, Unity3D
References and more detailed employment history available on request